What is School Site Council?
The School Site Council (SSC) is a committee made up of school administrators, teachers, staff, parents and students. Members are elected by their peers to serve on the School Site Council for 2 years.
What does the School Site Council Do?
- Approves the school budget
- Provides input on the development and effectiveness of the School Plan
- Makes suggestions for improving the school climate
- Receives updates on various activities taking place on our campus
Who can be a parent representative on the School Site Council?
- Any parent/guardian of a student at HMS who is not an employee at the school
- Any parent/guardian who can commit to regular meetings
- Any parent/guardian interested in being involved with school decisions
When and where does the School Site Council meet?
- Once a month
- On the HMS campus