Directions for Google Docs Upgrade and Y: drive Transfer.
- Log in to the computer as normal. You probably did otherwise you wouldn't be here.
- Open up the Chrome browser and go to this link
- Click here
- Log in with this style username and this password:
- Firstname_XX(first two letters of your last name)YY(the last 2 digits of your higschool graduating year)
- Password: hawthorne
- For example, if Joey Ramone was going to graduate high school in 2016 he would log in as:
- Joey_Ra16 and type "hawthorne" for the password.
This will get you in to a page where you'll have to change the password for security purposes.
Now to get docs to your Google account from your Y folder.
- Go the the upload icon and click
- Find your Y folder and double click on the documents you want to save. You are not required to save everything. Take only what you need.
- You'll see your documents listed in your Google docs page.
- You can then log in to your new computer account (not the Student ID number but your Name and graduation year) and you can then download all your documents back to your Y folder. Or just keep them in your Google account. There's plenty of room.
Click the Mail tab and your email is ready to go.